The TCNJ Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning:
- Focuses on enhancing learning through more effective teaching, mentoring, and advising.
- Facilitates communication among educators to share pedagogical expertise across disciplines and celebrate campus achievements in teaching and learning.
- Provides a central location for the coordination and dissemination of information about educator development activities by Academic Affairs, the Library, and Information Technology.
- Maintains the culture of faculty ownership, advocating for educators in their role as teachers, and insuring that participation in programs, consultations, and assessments is voluntary, confidential, and developmental.
- Supports the ongoing development of the teacher-scholar model and facilitating innovative approaches to the scholarship of teaching and learning.
- Facilitates community explorations of national best practices in teaching and learning, and promoting TCNJ accomplishments in state, regional, and national venues.
Developed by the Ad Hoc Committee on the Teaching and Learning Initiative, “Recommendation for the Establishment of a Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning at The College of New Jersey: Final Report from the Provost’s Committee on the Teaching/Learning Initiative,” May 2008.