- All programs must have the potential to enhance teaching and learning or expand an understanding of the whole student.
- The CETL recognizes that CETL sponsorship can have many benefits for a program, such as potentially boosting the visibility of, and attendance at, an event that has received a CETL endorsement. The CETL also recognizes that some event organizers need not only CETL endorsement, but also financial support to help an event to be a successful teaching and learning activity. Thus, the CETL welcomes applications for two categories of CETL-sponsored events, those seeking CETL endorsement but no CETL funds, and others for which both CETL endorsement and financial support are requested.
- CETL funds are used for programs that a department, center, or school does not typically offer or cannot sponsor.
- The CETL looks favorably upon proposals for major events for which other units are willing to provide matching dollars.
- Departments, centers, and schools seeking CETL sponsorship (including financial support) of a program should complete the application form.
Departments, centers, and schools that have received CETL funding should provide a brief, follow-up report about the event summarizing how many people participated in the event and the key outcomes and benefits that resulted from CETL sponsorship. . Also, the sponsored unit will share any teaching and learning resources generated by the event with the TCNJ community via the CETL.